Living in Frames, by meshing the lyrical moments of life with the captured images of experience. This is a reverie, a journey, the fork in the road, and the never-ending story....

Thursday, July 5, 2012

In a pinch.

Usually, I curse having to carry my cell phone on my person night and day, because then its harder to make up excuses for not answering. Sometimes I "forget" this pocket device at home, particularly when I get into one of those moods where being disconnected is a good thing for all around...

However, today was one different kind of day, because I was actually thankful for having my mobile. I'd been walking around Portland, snapping photos and working on some sentences, but this city can sometimes be a busted box of cartoons with an adrenaline drip, and it is as easy to get sidetracked with the side shows, as it is with the wrought iron fences, white-washed trimmed houses, and the quaint boutiques. So, as I was distracted people watching, getting a coffee, and perusing used bookstores, the battery for my camera drained. I was bummed, because a friend had joined  up with me to meander with their camera too, and here I was with a disabled shutter, stuttering about the "should haves" and "could haves"-- I was a 30 min walk from home, and it looked like it was going to rain. In attempt to capture the last of the "golden hour," I pulled out my trusty phone and prayed for a little mercy from the photography gods.

I've learned my lesson about not leaving home without a pen/pencil, now I may have to resort to technological measures...







No comments:

Post a Comment