Living in Frames, by meshing the lyrical moments of life with the captured images of experience. This is a reverie, a journey, the fork in the road, and the never-ending story....

Sunday, May 26, 2013

believe it or not.

Today, I began packing up my belongings to get ready for another move. I have been in Portland, Maine for two years now, and it looks like I am going to stay put for a bit. As some of you may know, this is huge! The longest I have stayed living in a place for the last ten or so years. I'm not sure what has changed in me, and I can't say whether I am going to dig in my roots for the long haul aka. the settled life, but things do feel good right now, and I'm gonna roll with it for a while.
 
So, this afternoon as I was going through all the 'stuff' I've accumulated in recent years, I came across a copy of a 1934 edition of Ripley's Believe It or Not, given to me by my grandmother. Of course, this was a perfect distraction for a rainy cold day, and I found myself amused by the illustrations and captions that were once a great source of entertainment for me as a kid.
 
This particular segment brought out a laugh, and I thought y'all might get a kick out of it too:
 
 And if that didn't tickle your fancy, these are wonderful as well:

No comments:

Post a Comment