Living in Frames, by meshing the lyrical moments of life with the captured images of experience. This is a reverie, a journey, the fork in the road, and the never-ending story....

Monday, December 9, 2013


reasons I’ve started to bite my tongue about being a “writer”:

Oh you’re a writer? You must have a lot of time on your hands. Would you like to do some editing for me for FREE?
Oh, you’re a writer? Would you like to get some coffee sometime?
Oh, you’re a writer? I went to school for English too, but I felt a law degree was more practical.
Oh, you’re a writer? Do you want to hear my story? You might be able to use me as a character.
Oh, you’re a writer? I wish I had that luxury.
Oh, you’re a writer? Have you thought about self-publishing? I did it, and it was the best choice I made.

Oh, you’re a writer? Have you read 50 Shades of Grey?
Oh, you’re a writer? So, what do you write about?
Oh, you’re a writer? Like J.K. Rowling?
Oh, you’re a writer? I just wrote this poem for my girlfriend. [ I just happen to have the poem with me] Want to see it?
Oh, you’re a writer? Then why are you working here?
Oh, you’re a writer? And, you went to school for that?
Oh, you’re a writer? This isn’t going to end up in one of your books, is it?
Oh, you’re a writer? Everyone wants to be a writer these days.
Oh, you’re a writer? Have you had anything published?
Oh, you’re a writer? Like, you have a blog?
Oh, you’re a writer? Can you make money at that?
Oh, you’re a writer? Oh. Oh, I see.
Oh, you’re a writer? I’ve always hated reading.
Oh, you’re a writer? Have you written anything I would know?
Oh, you’re a writer? What’s your name? In case you ever make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment